This year we are very proud to announce that we are sponsoring the Pride of Andover, Sports Award.
Last year, our chief, Adam Phillips, won this award. It for his efforts in setting up a national Jujitsu federation, winning national titles and being a potential director, which may well soon have Olympic recognition!
Adam is a 3rd Dan black belt for the art of Japanese Jujitsu and a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Purple belt. He has fought around the world and won several national titles, and now – it’s our turn to support our local community.
”I was very surprised to have won the pride of Andover sports award last year. I felt that this year, we needed to support the town as best as we could. We sponsored the ‘Andover Arrows’, a local netball club, a local powerlifter, Chay Boare and support our local martial arts club, Kyouken MMA and Jujitsu.
Both Mike McGarry and I, are very keen martial artists and enjoy the thrill and competitiveness of fighting.
If we can highlight a few deserving individuals, then our work here is done! ”
The Pride of Andover Sports award is for anyone, of any age, who have excelled, succeeded or tried really hard in Sports. We are looking for people to be nominated for this sports award, so please – click here and get your nominations in!
Remember to not only get your nominations in – but to Download our App
- All activity or work must be done in Andover.
- No sponsor or committee member can be nominated.
- Judging is completed by all sponsors and committee. If there’s any conflict of interest, a committee member cannot vote and will need to step away from the process.
- People cannot nominate themselves.
- No past winner can be nominated, but past highly commended can be.